Top Rated Drone Landing Pads
To prevent damage to your drone, you need to invest in good drone landing pads. With tall grass that can quickly destroy your treasured drone propellers and gravel that can get in the motor causing it to blow, it can be challenging to find a spot to land your drone.
For drones with a camera, poor landing can cause harm to your lenses which brings additional costs to obtain another one. Drone landing pads can easily be bought or made easily from cheap materials around your home.
Below we are going to review five drone landing pads on the market right now.
In a hurry??
This is our pick for the best drone landing pad on amazon, its low cost and even has led lights! Check it out now on amazon by clicking here!
Best Amazon Drone Landing Pads
Hoodman Drone Launch Pad
If you have an expensive gadget, you need to get a big and high-quality landing mat for it, and the Hoodman drone launch pad is one fantastic option. It is one of the biggest making it convenient for landing bigger and professional drones, for example, the DJI Phantom.
• Dimensions 24.5” *4” *1”
• Steel perimeter weight of 8lb to make it stable
• Rustproof components
• It is bright orange and can thus alert pilots of an aircraft flying over the area.
This drone saves you the hassle of having to unfold it since it springs into shape. It has a galvanized perimeter to add weight to the pad keeping it in place.
It prevents dust and other debris from being blown into your drone thus protecting your motor and your lenses. The only downside is that it is a bit costly. It has a one year warranty meaning you are covered for defects for the period.
Get the Hoodman drone landing pad from amazon below:
FlatHat Collapsible Drone Pad Landing Pad Launch Pad
• Made from durable heavy duty 600D material that is sewn to steel frame
• It is lightweight design making it easy to carry and fold
• It is universally compatible with midsized drones such DJI Mavic and DJI Phantom Series
• It comes with a high-quality carry bag
• Dimensions: 12 x 12 x 1 inches and weighs 15 ounces
This landing pad is manufactured by FlatHat. The package includes the 32" FlatHat collapsible drone pad, three ground stakes, and fabric carry bag. The drone is made from a material that is sewn onto a spring steel frame.
The drone, when folded, is a third of its total size making it easy to fold and store in its carrying case. The pad has a clear landing pattern that can provide automatic landing location for drones with the RTH feature.
Hooshion Collapsible Drone Landing Pad
Need to fly your drone at night without worrying how to land it? Worry no more. The Hooshion helipad is here for you. With reflective straps and a large landing area, this landing pad provides a great landing space for most drone sizes.
• Made from high quality waterproof and sun-proof nylon material
• Top precision printing with outdoor type print
• 43” launch pad
• Has 4 reflective straps on both sides
• Has a double side double colour design
The Hooshion landing pad is very convenient for any terrain. The drone conforms to an uneven surface which means you can land your drone with this baby just about anywhere. The package comes with the drone and a beautiful carrying bag.
Philonext Portable Landing Pad for RC Drones and Helicopters
All of us need a landing pad that can bear the brunt of heat and moisture of any kind and still look as new as ever. We also need a manufacturer who can promise true delivery with a money back guarantee. Nothing can go wrong with such quality promises for your Philonext drone landing pad.
• Waterproof material to offer protection from moisture and sun-protection to protect from fading and heat wear
• It has a double side double colour design
• Can be used on different occasions.
• Dimensions: 42cm in diameter when folded and weighs 370grams
This lightweight drone is made from high-quality nylon that is waterproof and easy to fold. The package comes with the 1* 75cm Landing Pad, a carrying case, three land nails and eight reflective strips. The reflective strips are pasted on the outer body of the print circle and are used for night flying.
It is compatible with several drone models including parrot drones, DJI Phantom 4/4 pro, the DJI Phantom 3/2, Syma drones, Husban drones, DJI Inspire 2/1, UDI drones, DJI Mavic pro, the 3DR Solo drone, the Antel Robotic X-star, and Holy Stone drones.
The guarantee on this pad is great since it gives you a 12 month warranty and a 100% money back guarantee for 45 days. This landing pad is ideal for adults above 18 years of age.
Drone Landing Pad with Lights (Aurtec)
Flying in a grassy area? You need to get yourself this landing. With a 32" space across when open, this pad gives you a big landing area and prevents your drone from getting dirty during landing.
• It has four loops and stakes at each compass point to avoid being carried off by the wind
• The pad is lightweight which makes it easy to carry and set up
• It is 32" across when open and 12" when closed
• Dimensions: 11.5 x 11 x 1.2 inches
• It is made from high-quality nylon waterproof and sun-proof material
• High precision double sides double color printing
• Can be used for night flying due to its 4 custom reflective strips and LED lights
This landing pad is lightweight and easy to use. It can also be used for night flying due to its LED lights and reflective strips adding your flight time. The package comes with the landing pad, a carrying case, land nails, four LED lights and eight reflective strips. This drone can be used by anyone 8 years and above. It has a two-year warranty.
It is compatible with several drones namely Zero Xplorer, Yuneec, the DJI Mavic Pro, Altair, Autel Roboti, UDI, Phantom 1/2/3/4/4 Pro, Syma, Holy Stone, Husban, Spark, Inspire 2/1, Eachine, 3DR Solo, Parrot, GoPro Karma, Drocon, Force1 and more. This drone is ideal for all flying enthusiasts.
Drone Landing Pad DIY Idea
If you do not want to purchase a landing pad, you can make one in these easy steps:
• Get a good material for your landing pad. You can use a cheap car sunshade for as little as $5.
• Cut out the mat depending on your specifications
• Paint it in your desired colours and voila! You have yourself an original by you!
As drones become more advanced and accidents, there is more need to get a good landing pad. Get a clean takeoff and smooth landing. Protect your drone investment, get a good drone landing pad today!
What other DIY drone landing pad ideas do you have? Leave us your ideas in the comment section!